This beautiful, family-run addition to the Pilion portfolio opened in autumn 2001 and still smells of fresh paint and new polish. In a daring departure from local convention it is painted not white but rose pink, with slate-blue woodwork. Built in 1893, it has been completely refurbished (a venture which took the owners five years) and has been decorated with extreme attention to detail. The floors are polished wood, there are graceful plaster mouldings on the ceilings and painted dados on the walls, and the beds are genuine Greek antiques with brass and iron ends and decorative mirrorwork. Bathrooms are modern marble, with real bathtubs, and the bedrooms are furnished with a mixture of family antiques and reproduction furniture.
  Downstairs, there is a stylishly furnished breakfast room where lavish breakfasts are served, a tiny bar, and a large paved courtyard under the shade of an enormous oak tree.
The Naoumidi is easy to find, on the main road through the village (no heavy traffic), and is next to the village car park. Families with younger children will find the village playground, with swings, roundabout and climbing frame, just a few steps away across a cobbled pedestrian lane.